Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hot Pink Tulle Cape


A tulle cape?  I have never heard of this either.....but this is what mini-me wanted me to make.  She had originally asked for a long skirt but changed her mind when she saw the length.  I was about to cut it for a skirt when she came up with this.


This was easy to make....just sew 2 long stitches & pull to gather...OK.. so not so easy,  it was a long process to try & get my stitches straight with that much fabric!

I used about 8 meters of this hot pink tulle!

She picked out the pink polka dot ribbon for the front ties.


She has always had her own style & is quite creative about it & her posing I don't know where she gets that from! lol!

8 comments:

Rosy said...

Mmmm, I might venture to me, to say where it takes creativity and style, heh, heh.
Your little princess is very beautiful with this version of tulle. Very original!

Marjory Steele Skousen said...

I loved sewing for my daughters. They no longer want me to sew for them, only do the alterations for them. T-shirts and jeans are about the only thing they want to wear.

Congrad's on your new blog and fashion show invite. Let us know more about this. I know you'r busy, but we love "following you"!

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

It doesn't get any more girly than a pink tulle cape!!! I LOVE it!!! Your girl has style! ;) Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!

Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle said...

It's soooooo perfect..so girlie absolutely love it!!! Great job and great style!!

XoXo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

ps...just like your Facebook page and left you the link for mine..hope to hear back from you soon.

Krystal said...

Lol awww a hot pink tulle cape. Never seen one, but it's a cute idea. I'm a new follower from thirsty Thursday blog hop :)

http://makeupxmama.blogspot.com

Terri. said...

I am a new follower on GFC and Facebook. Hope you can stop by my blog and check it out and follow back.
http://www.atthemapletable.com

To Sew With Love said...

the pink cape is lovely but your daughter's lovelier! she really is a mini you! thanks for sharing!

Tany said...

She has her mother's talent for coming up with great outfit ideas!!! Love it!