Monday, April 4, 2011

My Romantic Lace Skirt


This months projects are going to be skirts for me!  With warm weather that should be here already & Easter fast approaching I need some skirts!  Also my 3 daughters like wearing skirts too so this is a perfect time to design & create some new ones.

 I love lace so I chose to sew a romantic skirt for my first skirt this month!  This is a very easy project that I did this weekend.   I cut out two rectangle pieces of fabric, measured of course & added a elastic for the waist. 
 I set my machine on a high tension so when I sewed the elastic to the lace fabric it would ruffle.  I also had to pull gently on the elastic as I was sewing.

I always iron my seams!

I used my straight denim skirt as my underlay!



I initially just had a hem as you can see from the above pic but decided to add the black bias for contrast.
I purchased this fabric because of the pretty lace flower design.


 

 


14 comments:

Rosy said...

Oh my God! Lovely! Something quick and satisfying, if I need some of those ....

Janlynn said...

What a beautiful spring skirt. I love the black bias trim on the hem.

Bruna Andolfato said...

Hello
this skirt is beautiful!
I loved your blog
I also show my stitching on my blog
I'm following
kisses

http://munamo.blogspot.com/

WobiSobi said...

This is beautiful!! I love the black at the bottom, great contrast. You are so brilliant. Hugs Anne

Anna said...

Love it! I seriously need to learn to sew! :)

Camilla Jones (CioCo Photography) said...

Love this! Featuring it for Whimsical Wednesday on rosyredbuttons.blogspot.com!

Amber Branconier said...

beautiful

Marjory Steele Skousen said...

Love your skirt! Can you give us an idea of what kind of work you do that you get to wear your great fashions to.

Janelle said...

I saw this on Rosy Red Buttons (oh, there's Camilla's comment above :) I love this! I will definitely try to make one for me.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

this is beautiful! very feminine :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Amanda @ Ninth Street Notions said...

Very interesting skirt. Thanks for linking up at I Made It! Monday at Ninth Street Notions. Can't wait to see what you have this next week.

Ruth said...

Your skirt is amazing. It looks perfect for spring.

I came over from the White Party at 504 Main.

Ruth

Tany said...

I love it, it's edgy and I like the transparency against the black underlay!

Andrea said...

This is a beautiful skirt - I know my daughter would love this also.

I enjoyed reading your blog - nice to find you.

Andrea

Satin Bird Designs