Monday, June 6, 2011

Powder Blue Maxie Dress



This is a maxi summer dress I made from the same material as this dress.  This fabric is so soft & because it is a cotton/knit blend it is perfect for hot summer days.


I stretched the material as I sewed the back bodice to make a little ruffle.


I used this RTW maxi dress that I am wearing as a pattern inspiration.


I serged all the raw edges & used my sewing machine to make the seams.


I also pulled the fabric during serging the hem for a little bottom ruffle.  I love this summer dress...so easy to make & wear!

Happy Monday!

A little side note:  Burdastyle put my dress on the front of their website under Featured Projects!
What a surprise & honor! I am so excited I took this pic to share!





9 comments:

Anna said...

Very cute and the perfect summer dress! :)

Rosy said...

Great! You are getting a beautiful summer wardrobe with these beautiful dresses.

Cennetta said...

Great looking dress.

Liz said...

Very cute! AND comfy too! :)

Have a great week!
~Liz

Janlynn said...

As much as I love the cool summer dress, I am mesmerized by those shoes.
You always style your outfits so perfectly. Very chic!.

donatella said...

ok, this is a list:
1- you look stunning
2- i <3 powder blue
3- love maxi dresses
4- you can use your serger... i have one and scared to start playing with it !!
5- all of the above A+

mb said...

Wow! I haven't heard the term "maxi" dress since the 70s! Cool! Love the color.

Little Treasures said...

This is lovely for summer! The winning combination!

Carolyn said...

It looks great! And interesting that it looks quite different in style from your black dress, too!