Sunday, July 3, 2011

Red, White & Blue


Hi There......

This is my first post to share with you under my new blog name........I love dressmaking and this my little spot in blogsphere to share my dressmaking creations with you......hope to inspire you if not just to give you something a little different......as my designs are not always on trend nor are they the same as everyone elses........as I like to mix it up!

This dress came about by me looking for fabric for the making of a skirt for our Canada Day celebration........there was a limited selection of fabric but there was an abundance of red, white & blue fabric!  This fabric was at the back....... high up peeking through for me to see these gorgeous flowers............I love florals and I loved this bold fabric.


This fashion knit fabric was perfect for a summer dress I was thinking of.......


a pattern from McCalls 6199.....an easy dress to make.........


this pattern has bust darts for the fit and it hangs loose at the sides.....hem the raw edges & your done......



I wear my dress with a belt and because it is a knit fabric and I was tired I did not hem.....I will see how this wears and then make hems if needed!

I will be linking this up to my Fave Parties!

sew you later!

14 comments:

♥ Miss Tea said...

welcome to blogosphere, i wish i could sew and have a sewing machine so i could make my own dress, I absolutely love the fabric you use to make that dress and you look gorgeous!

I'm blog hopping from homemakeronadime, your newest follower :)

Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

Evelene S said...

Oh your dress looks so pretty and comfy and I love the big flower print. Congratulations on your first post.

eye_on_sparrow said...

That looks like a great dress to wear for summer. You look great in it.

Megan said...

Great dress! Makes me want to revisit my garment sewing skilss! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

Unknown said...

I am a new follower, and super excited to see the fun dresses you make! Coco Chanel is amazing and true inspiration; I love her too.

Anna Christina said...

What a cute blog! I love the dress and the fabric. I too am a new blogger. Please stop by to visit my blog sewingtosoothemysoul.blogspot.com I will be back to see what you make next.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful; thanks for sharing! :) I think I will add that pattern to my "Sewing Patterns I Want" pinterest board for future reference :) Popping in from Sew Many Ways... ~Jess

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Cool! I just love seeing when people sew clothing! Your dress looks just great; cute pattern, and I love that fabric! Great job!

two birds said...

what a perfect summer dress! it's so light and flowy!

Fickle Sense said...

Lovely dress. It looks like a nice summery dress! A simple and effective little dress.

Sweet Lily said...

Absolutely fantastic!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Marjory Skousen said...

Once againg you look great. Love your new name.

AnJayla said...

Love it! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Que cosas tan bonitas que haces.
Un beso