Sunday, July 17, 2011

sewing side projects...........


I did a little sewing this weekend..... not on my Vogue patterns but on a couple of side projects.  This is a  sheer tunic that I made for a dinner party.  I used this chocolate polka dot sheer that I had leftover from a shawl & trim for a dress that I made a while back. 


It is a basic bodice with a ruffle made by pulling the elastic gently while I was sewing.  I used my serger for the rolled hem & back seams.  I also did a zig zag stitch on the back seams as this fabric frays easily.

I also made another maxi skirt for a girlfriend.......this is a one seam skirt with a fashion knit stripe fabric that is a cotton blend.


I used a regular stitch for the waist and a zig zag stitch for the back seam.

Sew you later!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Fun! Love that maxi skirt! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

magdamagda said...

Hi Denise Angela! I finally landed on your new blog, congrats, looks like a fun place already! Love the polka dots and stripes and I think my projects need them too!

Hugs!

Magda
http://magdamagdadesignstudio.blogspot.com/

Jan said...

Great little top. Looks great on you!

Dominguezfam said...

Super Cute Blog!! I am your newest follower checking in from Sassy Sites:) Check out my blog
http://trashtotreasure-dominguezfam.blogspot.com/

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I'm so grateful that you linked up in this week's Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) This awesome post totally rocked the party!

Unknown said...

Amazing that you sew! There's nothing better than DIY success!!!

Tany said...

Those are two very nice and easy/quick projects!