Monday, June 11, 2012

Project......Commencement Dress


My middle daughter came to me an hour before we were leaving for her Commencement Ceremonies asking me "could I please alter this dress", that I made for my oldest daughter last year....... to fit her.


Lucky for me the boned bodice did not need any alterations.......I used a McCall's pattern 5850.


The hem needed 4 inches added but I did not have the same skirt fabric so she picked out this pink silky fabric from my stash to match the pink inside of the dress.


I know it seems easy just add a hem but when you are under pressure with your daughter standing there saying "come on Mom its like your on Project Runway".....not even close I tell her!


The front..........


The skirt part of the dress was my own design & I added the neon purple zipper.  I quickly added the back skirt vent.........not too bad for an hour of rush sewing.


Linking up to my Fave Parties!

sew you later!

13 comments:

Manu Luize said...

Nice! I did work on pressure very well.

Have a great weekend,
Manu Luize

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

You can't go wrong with pink and black fabric! Way to go for doing this one hour before graduation! A mother's job never ends :) Thanks for stopping by today! I'm glad you're still sewing. I loved seeing all the stuff you made this past winter and fall. Keep it up!!
Jenny
Seamingly Smitten

Sewingadicta said...

Hi again, dear friend! I came to say hello and wish you a great weekend.

Betty B. said...

Very nice combination of colors and very good proportions in this simple dress. I also like the zipper in the back:-)

Missy said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you made that dress!!! Such talent! Wow, and how special that made your big graduation day too!

xx Missy
www.myconcretecatwalk.com

ADELINA ALEXANDER said...

Thank you for your kind words! Would you like to follow each other?
xoox

mispapelicos said...

So clever of you.
The dress looks fantastic, and you look like sisters more than mother and daughter.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

marykapsi said...

Amazing dress!!
Following you on google, follow back plz :)
MaryFashionLove

Like Mousse Au Chocolat said...

OHH NICE ,GOOD WORK HUN !!

Precious Isla said...

wow! amazing,you made that dress! great great..

Juliet Polilova said...

wow just in love with your dress!!
nice blog by the way ;)

kisses from Russia,
Juliet

Natalie Leung said...

so cool! you designed a great dress :)

new giveaway!
natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job even under pressure and not enough time. Love it doll.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle