Saturday, January 26, 2013

belle peasant dress....


I have been reading some old books & watching old movies lately & feeling whimsical so I made this dress.


I used McCall's 5050 pattern view E but made it a dress by adding 4 inches.  A little too short so I added the lace hem.


The raglan bell sleeves in this pattern is what caught my eye in the pattern $1.99 markdown bin.


This was supposed to be my toile using this inexpensive unknown fibers fabric, as I thought the pattern was complicated, but it was way easy!  


So now I can make this dress in some Silk fabric I have been coveting at the fabric store.

linking up to:

Sew country chic

Sew you later!



5 comments:

ALMUDENA PERSA de M·A·S MAQUILLAJE PROFESIONAL said...

Qué bonito!

amy mayen said...

Very cute...looks comfy too!

Marjory Steele Skousen said...

You make me want to start sewing more clothes for myself!

Mari Cruz said...

It's so romantic, I love it!

Without Directions said...

Very pretty and a perfect date night dress.