Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tunic top drama...


I had the last of this bold flower print fabric to make a tunic top to go with my Chanel....ish pants.


I thought of this design to combine 2 McCall's patterns 6112 & 6607 that I like to make one tunic top.


Both patterns were already cut to a size 12 so this is how I laid it out for cutting.  I then realized that I did not have enough of this flower fabric to finish the tunic.


So off to the fabric store me


& Alexandra went.  How cool is that a fabric store opened within walking distance of our home!


I came back empty handed though because that fabric had sold out.  So I just used my Chanel...ish pant material leftovers to make the back part of the tunic.


Both of these patterns were very easy to sew even with the two types of fabrics.  I just set my tension a little higher on my Singer.


The new back contrast with the un even/ hi low hems I am still liking.


I will also wear this tunic in the summer as a cover up for my bikini.

sharing with:  Make it Wear it

Sew you later!

DeniseAngela