Saturday, October 5, 2013

Daughter's Dress



This is the New Look Pattern 6125 that I cut in a size 12 for my 
middle daughter aka the Model, view A.


This pattern was easy but I did have a little trouble with the lining,
by the instructions: turn lining INSIDE by pulling each 
back through front at shoulder seams.  It seems
simple now!
My mistake was using this stiff fabric for the lining.


I also could of made the hip & waist a size 8 or 10 as this
pattern runs large.  I omitted the zipper because
of this & I serged another 2 inches off  hem in
 hot pink that she likes.
  She ended up wearing a belt &
it gave the dress some shape right away.


I will make this easy dress again but will use a similar
lining fabric next time.


Sew you later!


~DeniseAngela~


Sharing with:
Tickled Pink


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you use a similar print for the next dress? This one it's beautiful!

Marjory Skousen said...

Love the material. You have such a good eye for picking out material.