Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Comfy day dress


After all the holiday celebrations & dinners it is nice to chill out
& wear something comfortable....aka fat day dress, that iMade!


This dress was made using my New Look 
pattern 6936.  Another easy dress & it was an
easy sew but it had been laying around since summer for
me to finish it up!


I did make a change by ommiting the elastic around
the bodice.....I did sew it in & then seam ripped it out.
as you can noticeably see.


It was way more comfortable this way &
I  serged the neckline & butterfly sleeves in hot pink.


I really like this fabric from 
Laura's Fashion Fabric in White Rock, B.C.
& I think I am out of fabric (lol) so I will be there shopping soon.
Oh & "mom" necklace, the green amethyst ring &
white bootie slippers are all gifts from 
my loving family.

Sew you later!

2 comments:

Tany said...

Looking great!!
Happy New Year, Denise!!

citizen rosebud said...

Looking good, lovely! I love the play of pattern, classic black and white (easy to match) and the cut is fun and comfy. I'd layer it over a pair of skinny jeans, and a big grungey sweater! xo. -Bella